Instead of saying “Beltway Bacchus has been too busy to write,” I will simply say that life away from the computer was calling. And I answered. And it was calling with great material for future blog posts. A shortlist of what I have been doing since July, when I last posted:
- Planning a wedding (most of the credit goes to Caitlin and her parents, but I helped, dammit!)
- Planning a honeymoon (again, with fairly precise instructions from Caitlin, but I had to call and stumble through French and English conversations)
- Planning a rehearsal dinner. The rehearsal dinner was, of course, at a Finger Lakes winery
- Getting married
- Going on a honeymoon
- Missing being back from the honeymoon
- Getting caught up on the comings and goings of my non-Beltway Bacchus life
- Getting out to some of the newer wineries in Virginia
With all that said, all of the aforementioned events involved wine in some way, and will be excellent fodder for good posts – mixed in there with general reviews of what I’m tasting, drinking, and enjoying. I haven’t even written about my and Caitlin’s most recent trip to Napa and Sonoma (congrats, again, Ryan and Jessica).
Feel free to use the above bullets as a Table of Contents for upcoming posts, and remember to check back here often. I promise I will post more.